03-14-2019, 05:52 PM   #13
swenzi
Private
Rep
Drives: 22 Escalad / 17 Panamera Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Blue View Post
Good discussions, fellas.

I find it really interesting how parents of toddlers are in the market for an X7. I'm an upper middle class fellow, a person that appreciates and can afford an average BMW. My years with toddlers in car seats ended about 5 years ago, and while I would have LOVED to have owned an X7 during those years, even if it had been available, I just couldn't have afforded it. We got the wife a 3-row Infiniti QX56 during those years, at maybe 60% of what an X7 would have cost, had it been available.

As it is, now that I'm a little older, with kids now getting into the double digits, and a significantly higher income level, I still am seriously questioning whether I can really afford an X7, or whether if I'm realistic with myself, if I'd be overextending finances.

Certainly not questioning y'alls judgement, or negatively commenting on your lives. Quite the contrary. I'm impressed and somewhat jealous that you guys, in the age of life with kids in car seats, can afford such an awesome vehicle!
Some are more fiscally liberal than others, of course nothing wrong with anyone's choices including yours. We all have different priorities, sounds you like to exercise more fiscal constraint than perhaps many others. To me since I will spend a lot of time in this vehicle with my kids no less, it is worth the expense because it would make me look forward to doing the drive and get on the road everyday.
Appreciate 2
SaintD4.00
Wild Blue3683.50