View Single Post
      03-14-2019, 11:24 PM   #15
SaintD
Rep
Drives: Porsche Panamera S E Hybrid

Garage List
16 Porsche  [0.00]
ppagiga I agree that the gap between the capt chairs is too narrow for a child pass through even with the armrest down. It’s things like that which make the Navigator more accommodating for large families. The X7 definitely drives much better than the huge Gator/Expedition though, so to me it’s worth the size compromise.
I wonder if the seat from the vid that you posted moved that way because it was a pre-production showroom car?

PIPE_DR Are you saying that a capt chair will not slide if a car seat is strapped by seat belt? Does that mean that both the seat belt and tethered option restricts access to the 3rd row, and LATCH only car seats are the only way to permit access to the back? If so, that definitely means that a bench seat would be more serviceable for us.
Also, I thought the same thing when I saw the built in entertainment system. I would actually like to fork over the $2200 to get the entertainment value. I just can’t see the rigid protrusion lasting long with 3 kids bouncing around during entry/exit for multiple years. 3 warrantied iPads seem like a better value.

At this point I would probably suggest these 2 configurations to my wife:
1 Capt Chair: 2 car seats in the 3rd row (secured by LATCH, tether & seat belt) with one high back booster (latch & seat belt) on passenger side capt.

2 Bench Seat: 3 across (outboards LATCH, tethered & seat belt; middle tethered & seat belt)

There are other ways to do it which include kids trampling over a folded 2nd row 40 split bench seat to get to the 3rd row. However this vehicle is way too nice for that.
Appreciate 0