View Single Post
      03-15-2019, 07:36 AM   #20
ppagiga
Major
Rep
Drives: car

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIPE_DR View Post
I would not try sliding Captains chair with seat belt and tether. I don't want to risk breaking something. It's essentially inoperable. And as I mentioned before, I think If seat belts are engaged through car seat always (like mine) a bench would be inoperable as well regardless of tether, being that seat belts come from D pillar. So With all do respect, I'm speaking from actual real life use. My kids go into the third row to buckle/unbuckle their stuffed animals 2-4 times daily with ease. I have gotten back there several times between captains chairs with little strain. It's not something I'd expect/ recommend an adult to do daily but the 3" between arm rests down is plenty of space for my kids legs to pass. With arm rests off/ down there's 8" between seats. I choose to go captains and very happy with my decision, it fits my families use perfectly. Would highly recommend.
As far as BMW infotainment, we choose not to go with it based on price for what it is and from what I understand it works by mirroring a phone to access things like Netflix/ YouTube and it's not an actual internet browser tablet style device with apps . I really couldn't find / look deep enough for how it actually works for entertainment. My kids have iPads already and the don't need to control lighting, etc. Best wishes in your decision making process. Bring the car seats to dealership and try it all out real life
really helpful again, ty. I don't have an opinion of whether the arm rests not being removable impacts me or not, I just know id prefer to remove them. But 8" of space is great, even if it means needing to step over the arm rests.

that being said, if one cap is kept significantly further forward or back than the other, that creates a little lane that would help you not have to step over the the arm rests at all
Appreciate 0