View Single Post
      07-13-2015, 09:11 PM   #1
WHL102
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '16 GTI S, DSG, 4-Door

Monster Pothole Ripped off Lift Point

I hit a major pothole the other day which caused the car to bottom out and rip off the lift point behind the front driver's tire. A bit of the plastic shielding and a metal part it attaches to peeled back which the dealership pinned back up along with the lift point.

I asked them to take a look at the suspension to make sure everything was okay and they said it was fine.

The car was actually brought in to perform the fuel pump recall and re-apply a trunk spoiler that was falling off (again). Part of me feels like they didn't even look at the suspension and just said everything was fine.

I've noticed the two following issues:

1) Noise from driver's side rear tire well when getting into or out of the car. Sounds like a squeaking spring.

2) When going over low speed bumps it sounds like there is "air escaping" from the front driver's side. It sounds cheap like an old Buick bouncing over bumps. Is this normal?

What are some parts that could be causing this issue? I'll be calling the dealership tomorrow to schedule a date to bring it in but I would appreciate if anyone could provide any insight that would better prepare me to make sure this is taken care of by the dealer.

Car tracks straight, some slight vibrations coming through are probably bent wheels which I won't be fixing at nearly $200 a pop...
Appreciate 0