07-15-2015, 08:35 PM   #8
WHL102
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '16 GTI S, DSG, 4-Door

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper333 View Post
Agreed.

now, OP, you said metal was ripped off the jack point? Now, to be clear, the jackpoint most people see and refer to is the pinch welds for the rocker and floor. There's nothing covering those. now the lift point for a shop lift are under plastic covers under the car, guessing that's what you are referring to, hopefully the metal was just a clip/attachment and not the body of the car.

I think when a pothole causes the car to bottom out on the road it is officially categorized as a "crater". I hope you reported that to the road department, that's a major safety issue.
I actually meant the jack point, the SA referred to it as the "lift pad". It is the little rubber block that is used for the spare tire jack. One behind each front wheel and in front of each rear wheel. This was hanging off the bottom of the car. Immediately behind it, the first plastic rivet that fits into a metal part (of the body I assume) popped loose and caused the plastic cover to come loose. The metal part that it plugged into was bent. The actual bend was about the size of a thumbnail, the part seems to be part of the body. I can take a picture, maybe someone here can identify the part.

Bent wheels were not covered under T&W protection, although I've had 1 or 2 covered in the past due to bends. Two tires were replaced for bubbles.

I asked the SA to check the suspension as well and they did not find anything wrong with it, which I found a little hard to believe considering the hit the car took. They are a busy dealer, but I can't imagine any dealer would deliberately ignore something they could bill for. If what Labeef said about the two issues I mentioned are true, then maybe it's just me worrying.
Appreciate 0