View Single Post
      11-26-2008, 01:09 PM   #1
smoses799
Rep
Drives: 2006 z4 3.0i

Iphone broke my BT :(

Well... I have had my 06' z4 roadster for 2 months now and after 2 months of blissfully wonderful bluetooth... the dream has ended...

I get into my car today and it just dosen't work. I press the phone button.. nothing.. I press the R/T button... nothing. So, I take the car to the dealership and figure that they would fix the problem... as I did buy the extended warrenty and maintence program.. AND the salesman was the one that connected my phone to the BT during the test drive to show me how it works.

After 2 minutes and 23 seconds of looking at the car, the assistant service manager tells me that the Iphone is not compatible with my car. As my car was made in 6/06 and Iphones are compatible with 09/06 cars ... this isnt covered and will cost me $135 to unlock my TLU (or whatever the box is called). :mad0 259:

I asked him if there is any other reason to go back and look at that unit.. ie repairs or diognostic? he says nope. I asked him if they could update my unit... nope. what about replacing the unit with a new model... nope..

there solution: $135 and buy a new phone. gosh this makes me angry..

So, now i have a wonderful Z with two useless buttons and a random black box carpeted in my trunk...

if anyone has any helpful suggestions or comments.. let me know
Appreciate 0