View Single Post
      09-02-2019, 05:57 AM   #4
Wild Blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7 M50i, 2004 330i w/ZHP

Yeah, this is not definitive yet. As you probably know, there are three possibilities for headliners: (1) standard non-alcantara, (2) 776 Anthracite alcantara, and (3) XD5 "Alcantara headliner in upholstery color".

The first one is obvious, and non-alcantara seems to be a light ivory color.

If you get the ZMP M-sport package, or one of the Full Merino Leathers, you get the 776 Anthracite Alcantara headliner. But it seems you can get this option without these leathers as well.

If you get the ZMP M-sport package, or one of the Full Merino Leathers, you can also select the XD5 "Alcantara headliner in upholstery color". The thing that doesn't seem definitive yet, though, is exactly what that means. Presumably, that would mean that you could get the headliner in one of FIVE additional colors, being ivory, coffee, tartufo, night blue, and even black, in addition to anthracite. (which is close to true black) Yes, for 2019, the ivory/blue leather included a (rather beautiful, IMHO) blue headliner. But I think for 2020, all we've seen so far is an ivory headliner. Heck, on the BMWUSA configurator, if you select "headliner in upholstery color", regardless of what leather color you have, it changes the headliner to ivory, and even the leather to full ivory. No word on if, or how much, this is a configurator error.

So I think what remains to be seen is, does "headliner in upholstery color" just really mean "alcantara ivory headliner"?
Appreciate 0