View Single Post
      02-20-2021, 10:53 AM   #43
Robotechnology
RDF
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80/JCW Clubman/Z4MC/STI

I have 6 cars and ALL 6 are manual. With that being said after putting 1,300 combined miles on a DCT M2 and M3, I have absolutely no problem with dual clutch transmission setups that are manual with computer controlled clutches. I want an R8 myself and at first was looking at 1st gen manuals too but, after looking at how much more car you can get for $20k more in a newer one, I’ve dropped the idea of an older conventional manual R8.

Side note. I saw the death of BMW manuals when I posted my disappointment in new M5’s switching to full automatic vs their previous DCT’s and ALL owners disagreed with me and said it was better for it. They took it personally that I was attacking how good the M5 was. I wasn’t. I was attacking BMW’s decision to save money and stop DCT development and yet still raise prices for M cars and that it would trickle down to M3/M4 models and I was right! Try buying a G80 Competition in manual OR DCT! I paid more money (and when I worked for BMW I told customers the same) for an M car because of 4 things: engine/transmission/suspension/brakes. Now that transmissions are conventional autos—my money will not go to new M cars anymore. For instance, I’ll end up with a PDK equipped Macan GTS as my first truck as much as I like the X3M, I want performance technology in ALL parts of my drivetrain when I spend premium dollars. Sorry for venting.
Appreciate 0