03-24-2019, 06:27 PM   #18
Pictor
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 iX xDrive50

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal man View Post
Display key just seems like a novelty. Who really uses it? I have a display key that came with my 750 and haven’t seen it in months. Thing is huge. Who is remote parking into a tight spot? Let me just ding your door for you before hand because the car next to you most likely isn’t remote parking in or out. Im assuming the X7 has a suspension setting for easy access and lowers when you park similar to range rover/XC90/ every other car with air suspension
I agree that the key is huge. However I find I use it quite a bit to pull OUT of a tight spot.

Here in the Seattle area the spaces are quite narrow and it's not uncommon to return to your car only to find some inconsiderate driver jammed me into a tight squeeze. Pulling out with the remote is much easier than trying to squeeze my way in. The only real downer to remote parking is that the car needs to be turned off before entering the vehicle after pulling out of the space.

Parking INTO a tight spot is the atypical scenario. I would never use it for parking INTO a space unless I'm in a parking garage and find that rare narrow space between two concrete structures that no one wants to park into.
Appreciate 0