View Single Post
      09-17-2019, 06:22 PM   #5
nvsocr7
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc328ci View Post
I was on the fence about it for a while and decided to go with that. My only concern was that the ride would be too harsh compared to regular M sport. My understanding is that in comfort mode, its identical and only stiffens up in Sport/Sport +. Is that accurate?
If you like the SUV to feel like a car, you'll love DHP. it's not stiff at all, it's actually much smoother because of the way DHP balances out all the bumps. I've driven a 2019 50i with and without DHP as well as the 2020 m50i with and without DHP. It's noticeable in a very good way, very planted, sturdy, but smooth. the 4 wheel steering makes the car feel very nimble and small. When I drove the m50i DHP in different modes I didn't notice too much change in the stiffness in any negative fashion at least, it did pick up the throttle considerably though which was fun. I ordered m m50i with DHP. DHP really shines in cornering, you still get the msport suspension for the straight road, it's just a better version suspension than the 50i because of the m-differential- someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
Appreciate 0