View Single Post
      07-25-2006, 08:57 PM   #11
Brookside
Major
Rep
Drives: 2016 228i M-Sport

I've heard people complain about the A3's prices- you can run it up very quickly...for example the 3.2 liter V6 with Quattro + Sat/Nav and the premium package msrp's for just a tad under 40k!
At this price you are in A4 territory...just a bad price-overlap by Audi. And no, I don't see them on the road when I'm driving around either. Also, if you were to opt for the 4 cyl. engine it is available only with fwd...no quattro...which pretty much defeats the whole purpose of getting an Audi.

As for the 350Z...I drove one over a weekend before getting my Z4...and I loved it except for the absolute lack of trunkspace, and the interior was pretty chintzy...looked ok, but poor fit and finish on the one I had.I understand that Nissan has gone in and uppgraded the interior but I don't know what they can do about the lack of storage.

I agree that BMW will have the market to themselves for maybe a season or so while other manufacturers play catch-up. I am totally behind Longhorn TX...BMW has to get the "2" right...from the moment of introduction. Especially in the U.S. where people's tastes seem so fickle and fleeting. And I think it would be a big mistake to market the car as a "baby Bimmer." Much better to put it out there as the embodiment of what BMW is about...something that's boiled down to it's essence- cutting-edge design and incredible handling in a premium product that retains it's value because of German parts and build quality.
Appreciate 0