View Single Post
      02-15-2024, 10:54 AM   #143
scohtiger
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X3 M, X7 M60

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJacksonIII View Post
Here's my story... Have a 2023 M60. Scheduled my first service. Brought it in and was told that there was a recall for a software update to address some potential issue with the fuel pump. Told I just added 1.5 hours to the service. Great news. Was going to wait but then had my wife drive 20 mins to pick me up so I could just log in and do some work from home. Go back after a few hours and pick her up. That night, was going to move the car into the garage and got the dreaded message. Don't drive - call roadside assistance. Thankfully I was on my driveway. Called the service department and left a message. No call back by mid morning next day so I text the service advisor. Go back out and the message is gone but the check engine light is on, so I drive it back to the dealer. They do another software update and can't clear the errors, so the put me in a rental. Takes a week for them to figure out the problem. Pick up the car and there's no paperwork trail at all. No indication of what was wrong or what they did to fix it. Pretty positive it was software related but pretty shitty to treat it so nonchalantly. Whatever software fix they did for the potential fule pump issue obviously screwed something else up. I am feeling a little let down by the whole experience. Is this what we're up against now? Vehicles that act like they're a windows 11 machine and need to have software uninstalled and reinstalled in order to keep operating smoothly? Just leave your car at the dealer for a week? No big deal? I guess if nothing goes wrong for a few years now I shouldn't complain. But.... if this happens again in a few months, I may start thinking about my options.
Similar thing with my 2023 x7 m60. Drivetrain error, doesn't start at all and I couldn't get it into neutral to push out of my garage. Dealer updated software for TFE (fuel pump). Working fine for now. However, the transmission was replaced last year because it wouldn't charge the battery. Two big strikes for me, if something occurs for strike three, I'm done.
Appreciate 3
JHarb1534.50
jphcbpa317.50