E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by raisemyrent View Post
Nico went for it and it got messy. It happens. He owned up to it (has Hamilton EVER really done that?). Then Mr.Nothing-Is-Ever-My-Fault (brakes during qualy??) starts whining on the radio; clearly giving up. Didn't Schumacher race the crappy Mercedes back to 7th in Belgium a few years ago? Hamilton has the fastest car on the grid and gives up right away, just like a child. He's been off for a month and can't even bother to complete the race. Or state his true reasons on the radio instead of coming up with that engine nonsense.
Then he twists Rosberg's words after the race just like a child would. Pathetic.
Villeneuve was right (see link below), they snag these children off the lower formulae and put them into F1 cars before they have developed a personality and character. The championship battle between Massa and Hamilton in 2008 was like a game of musical chairs at best. Sigh...

http://www.planetf1.com/driver/3213/...tappen-signing
Actually if you look at the lap chart, Hamilton was never catching up with the field. After his tires were puncture, he also damaged his floor and rear aerodynamics. His lap times were never like several races before with a perfect car and catching up 2-3 seconds a lap.

Well, lets put it this way, you were in a lead, and your teammate came up to ur rear and slide your tires with a move that's never going to stick. I'm sure you'll be pissed, and when you have a damaged car with no other lucks (weather, safety car, etc), and not catching up at all. I don't really see the point if you keep taking life out of the power unit with no gain, and most likely HAM will have a more dominant car in the race afterwards.

I can tell why HAM took ROS "reasoning" as "intentional". To him, this is personal. With this half ass overtake maneuver, to try to make a point? This is stupid IMO in this case.