E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by larryn View Post
Show me a rule he broke? If he was cheating, he'd be penalized. I think he's a snake, but he's not cheating. Quite the ruthless strategy on his part, actually.

Both HAM and ROS drive as if each other is on another team, that's all... Had they had different livery, Rosberg's moves would have been brilliant, IMHO. They both live up to the spoiled brat silver spoon mentality as well...
He is play dirty and always given the benefit of doubt.
A few example I could think of this season was in Canada, Hamilton was chasing him hard and he locked up in the final chicane, lost the corner, went to the paved run off and just gunned the gas pedal in the run off zone, gained 0.5 second. That felt like a dirty move that should only exist in arcade gaming.

Monaco was debatable, some said he deliberately twitched the car, and went on to the escape route. But why reverse and backing out? The qualifying session was only a minute left or something. Of course, it looked like he was trying too hard and out braked himself. That's the benefit of doubt he got.

This time, he "deliberately" stick his car there to "prove a point", making a statement "I won't back off like Bahrain anymore!". A clumsy move IMO.
Unless we or the FIA has the telemetry showed that he steered into Hamilton (which looked like it in the gif I posted), it could be a moment of unstable car or whatever reason. For now, before any new evidence, I believe he wouldn't back off instead of intentionally hitting him.

Probably to the stewards at the moment, it was a racing incident. Not willing to back off, yield to a possible collision. Is different to using your car to hit someone and causing a collision.