View Single Post
      05-25-2016, 12:22 PM   #34
dc503
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNoob View Post
Well, Nibili hasn't had the sticky bottle this Giro so his performance isn't too surprising ;-)

Yesterday's stage was really the first that I thought was interesting to watch. It seems all but decided, but the last 2 days in the mtns could shake things up. If the Lotto Yumbo dude keeps riding this well, it's over. Not even going to try to spell his name. He has had a steadily increasing presence over the last few grand tours. I like saying 'Yumbo'.

Cunego, the once rising super star, is regularly relegated to picking up scraps. I have my own thoughts why.

I felt for Dombrowski yesterday. Brief instant of inattention and he's shed. The F bomb on live TV was a bonus.
I just like that it's Krujuwkskiksikic turning it upside down. I'm pretty sure no one outside of Lotto bus honestly thought he was a top step threat, same goes for Chavez. It was always Nibali this, Dumoulin that, Valverde etc. Even Jungels had people sliding chips into his camp, wondering if he could hold on to pink, kind of like Dumoulin's ride at the Vuelta last year.

Poor Dombrowski, skipped a beat in the break and lost out. That just goes to show you how hard they go in a break, which is just breathtaking. If he can't catch back on after a momentary hesitation with the kind of horsepower he has, ugh.