View Single Post
      03-27-2019, 09:19 AM   #24
toddwalton
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 X7 - 2024 G26

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppagiga View Post
you think a motion xt XXL will fit fine on an x7?

also see that Thule has a new model in the fall coming. Called the Vector, but may not be able to wait til then

Not sure what the model is, I bought it about 5 years ago. From memory I believe it's the Thule Force XL. At the same time I bought that I bought 6 matching Nike lightweight softside rectangular large duffel bags in 6 different colors and they fit in the Thule perfectly and the colors tell us whose bag belongs to whom).

It sat atop our Odyssey just fine at the time (FYI Honda Odyssey and X7 are identical in length and width, the X7 is 3" taller) and it did a great job atop our X5 too. I'm assuming that since my cargo box is adjustable fore and aft it'll fit on the spacing of the new X7 crossbars just fine.

Now, the X7 has a larger rear area behind the 3rd row and it looks like I might be able to get 2 of those large softsided duffels in the compartment beneath the floor, so who knows, perhaps I don't need a cargo box at all? Taking my kids to college probably a different story, I'll definitely need one then.
Appreciate 0