View Single Post
      03-27-2019, 09:52 AM   #28
toddwalton
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 X7 - 2024 G26

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppagiga View Post
Really appreciate your help. So you’ve gone with the BMW cross bars for use with the Thule on your x5 and anticipate the BMW part number for the X7 should be just fine as well

Yes, the Thule Force XL (which I used with my Odyssey) with the BMW OEM cross bars (which I bought for my X5) is my setup and what is pictured here. Top photo shows it lengthwise atop an X5, you can see it pretty much takes up the whole roof but leaves enough room to get the liftgate open fully without obstruction.

Bottom photo shows it from the rear, you can see the XL is designed for luggage moreso than ski's or thin things (we put 6 large Nike softsided duffels up there) and there is enough clearance on the OEM cross bars to allow the radio antenna to breathe (XM Radio reception is perfect even though the cargo box passes over it).

Note that I did some digging and made some calls and though cosmetically identical the X7 uses different cross bars than my X5. Part number for the X7 as mentioned is 82712455808. There are only 16 left in BMW inventory in the USA (yikes!) and we're entering prime cargo box season so if you're interested I suggest you grab a set now because they do sell out rather quickly.
Appreciate 0