View Single Post
      08-05-2019, 12:18 PM   #75
yco
i'm just saying
Rep
Drives: E71 X6M '10 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartledoo View Post
You can't possibly think Lewis is being genuine all the time...
no one can be genuine all the time since we re human beings and there are some unwritten rules for even walking on the street.. sometimes im catching him starting the phase differently and ending it differently.. we all do that.. though the best part i like about Lewis' personality that his ego is not bigger than his talent.. he s fighting against it.. and he is quite reconciliatory person.. i guess it came by age and after proving himself as well.. his style got pretty fancy according to his younger ages but it can be seen and also feels that, he s pretty easy going person that you can chat.. he gives value to people and himself that he is genuinely communicating with fans who s approaching.. yes sometimes its obvious that he s bored but the treatment is still real.. thats pretty rare among racing drivers actually among all sort of people as well..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poiseuille View Post
good post.
I have only two suggestions:

regarding paragraph 1, be careful someone doesn't crash into the side of your car.

regarding paragraph 2, in my view Alonso is way way better than his results suggest. his principal (and maybe only) defect is horsesh*t timing regarding team choices, whereas Lewis's choices have been damn near clairvoyant.
yes i agree Alonso could achieve bigger things but probably the only team that he didnt have much problem was Minardi many years ago.. it can not be only "other" people's problem.. i mean one sided.. there are things definitely wrong with Alonso's approach as well.. he s such wired person that this reflects on his driving style to relations with people.. and drove for McLaren, Ferrari, Renault.. these teams dealt with many champions in the past.. he wasnt something totally different.. he left McLaren and now McLaren is much faster.. can be karma really..