MB21
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X7 M5.0i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmciver View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by amesh View Post
Yes, you do keep the kick to open option. I like that a lot. I would doubt that it would mess up your lease but I would say. Honestly, they probably wouldn't know unless u told them.
So how does the X7 "behave" when towing with an aftermarket hitch?

The X7, unlike most full size SUVs on the road, is thoroughly integrated mechanically and electronically with the factory tow hitch. For example, from what I have read, the air suspension, the transmission and iDrive are just a few components that are integrated with the factory trailer hitch. You obviously don't get that integration with an aftermarket setup.

Not saying that using an aftermarket tow hitch is dangerous on the X7. But without the full integration, you would be missing out on the full towing capabilities and experience the X7 has to offer. But I guess an additional question would be, is the integrated towing system of the X7 worth it? Or is it a case of you don't miss what you don't know?
The integrated towing is cheaper than aftermarket so by asking if it is worth it do you mean cost or benefits wise?
Appreciate 0