12-14-2019, 09:28 PM   #9
gdurhamski
gdurham
United_States
Rep
Drives: X7 2020, 17 Porsche Turbo S, 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2020bmwx7 View Post
Update on this one... I took it to the dealership, reproduced the problem with them so it's not just me hearing it

They attempted to fix it, but ran into a problem where they put too much insulation in that it slowed down the open/close of the mirror movement itself. They ordered the part which came in quick, replaced it and problem is solved.

Awesome experience with BMW Fremont Service department on this one.

Hopefully this was a one-off fluke. The tech suspected since the mileage was low when the issue was reported that it was likely a bad install/part during the build process vs something that developed over the limited time it's been driven.
Could you tell it was coming from the front part of the drivers door? I have a faint buzzing noise I think is coming from the area where the drivers door meets the B-pillar. I also hear an intermittent plastic sounds like click and pops from the same area even when car is not moving. Any thoughts? My drivers door does not line up evenly with rear door as it does on the passenger side doors. Car has 1,300 miles on it.
Appreciate 0