View Single Post
      12-18-2019, 06:42 PM   #22
vink
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M5C, 2020 BMW X7 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleJoe View Post
I love wireless CarPlay and wouldn't buy another vehicle without it. Our previous Mercedes GLS 550 supported wired CarPlay but I found it to be a hassle to plug my iPhone every time I jumped in the car, even for a quick trip to the store and back. Even the 2020 GLS requires a wired connection (big miss for MB IMO). Those of you with Android phones are gonna love having a wireless connection. Of course you'll still have to put up with the Android OS but that's for another forum.
Same here... came off from a GLS550 and not to forget about the main screen being locked to CarPlay once the iPhone is connected. We can't access the menu's of Mercedes anymore or it's features like maps or other stuff.
The Mercedes Me App is the worst in the industry, no wonder it has worse ratings. The circle keeps rotating forever and finally crashes. Remote start never worked properly (less than 25% of the time in 3 yrs).

It's been less than a week and the remote start from App works flawlessly on X7, within few seconds. Upon entering, engine doesn't shutdown unlike Mercedes.
Appreciate 0