View Single Post
      02-16-2020, 09:36 PM   #1
760Lifan
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 4xe Summit R & Trailhawk

Question about the 12V outlet ports

Hi folks,

So today, I was trying to set up the Fire TV on the Rear Entertainment System and was initially baffled why the HDMI input did not show up as an option. I tried to use the USB-C outlets to power the Fire stick but that did not work. Then, I noticed that there is actually a 12V outlet right below the HDMI-input at the center console so I tried the 12V USB car charger I purchased. Still no luck - for some reason, it did not fit in there completely so it failed to make contact and therefore, no power.

Same with the front 12V outlet next to the cupholders - charger did not fit all the way in.

Now, for some strange reason, the same charger fits the 12V outlet in the trunk so I ran the wire from there to the Fire stick to start the set-up.

Since this is not a permanent solution, I was wondering if anybody came across a USB-charger on Amazon that actually fits these two outlets? I just don't want to try out half a dozen models which in the end, I'm not going to use.

I know there are quite a few out there but I have no clue which actually fit the X7.

Thanks in advance!
Gone: 2020 X7 M50i, Mineral White, Ivory White Full Merino, Piano Black Trim, Cold Weather, Dynamic Handling, Driving Assistance, Luxury Seating, Executive, 22" Y-Spoke Orbit Grey Wheels Style 758i, Space Saver Spare, Trailer Hitch, Leather Dash, Ambient Air, Bowers & Wilkins, Rear Entertainment, Night Vision, Extended Shadowline, Alcantara Headliner in Upholstery Color.
Appreciate 0