Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 24 M4 Comp RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlebear View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine300zhp View Post
You likely have deficiencies, my friend. Most likely they are mineral related and/or vitamin related. Reality is that the vast majority of Americans over age 40 are deficient in minerals and/or vitamins. I'm not a doctor, but based on my own experience and that of my trusted doc, mineral deficiencies cause exactly what you are describing. PM me if you want me to elaborate.
I was surprise they liked my blood so much. Because I have hi iron they said it would be used within hours. My cast iron fry pans did it?

Murf
Lol. No, it's not your cast iron pans. It's your diet. You likely eat foods that are high in iron such as beef. I personally refrain from red meat most of the time so I have to take iron supplements for about 3 weeks after each blood donation to keep my iron levels where they should be. When I ate steak and burgers regularly, I didn't need the supplemental iron as I got all I needed from the food. After I entered my 40's, I started cutting back red meat and now only eat it a few times per year for heart health reasons.