View Single Post
      04-14-2022, 05:52 AM   #242
Tr4ckD4ys
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '22 X7 M50i / TBii / Tartufo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest View Post
Just to be clear, the DRLs are on top, the headlights are lower. BMW doesnt show them turned on, shows that they are not confident in this design just yet...

This is a multi storey headlight arrangement as seen on some Skodas and Citroens earlier, plus some other brands I cant think of. Not new but this is how designers want to move away from huge headlamps that need to balance massive front faces of SUVs, and this is one way.

It is strange that no one understood that even the XM concept had two storey headlights, and even right now not all people are getting it. No one even commented that on the XM, which I always thought a bit strange. At least now you can see it clearer but how it looks in real life is really interesting. I dont hate it.

example.
[IMG]https://autodesignmagazine.com/wp-co...Citroen_DS.jpg[/IMG]
Actually they do show them turned on. There are several pictures on the website. Below just one of them. The DRLs are some of the worst looking in BMW history - no more angel eyes, curved eyes, round eyes… none of it. Just two lines. Not distinctive in any kind of way.
Attached Images

ai38868.50