Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 G83 M4

Garage List
2022 G83 M4  [8.33]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurbodTurtle View Post
Hi all, I haven't really posted much as I don't know an awful lot about the car so can't really help but was hoping I could get some opinions from people as of what to do?

I have a 2014 M4 which has just ticked over 26k and had it's service yesterday. However last Thursday the car was stolen, I heard it start up and managed to call the police while watching it pull off my drive and down the road, they found it after 20 minutes and arrested one of the team, in that time he managed to badly kurb an alloy which needs repairing.

Since this I have struggled to 'love' the car as I keep thinking about it driving off and some complete scum being inside it. I have done maybe 3 miles since it happened which was the drive to the dealer to drop my keys off so they could collect it and check it over. Its hard to explain how it makes you feel.

I have had a top immobiliser fitted and keep my keys in high quality faraday bags now but I'm not sure what I can do to get the feeling back, I am exploring a few options and wondered in similar situations what other people have done? Also I wonder if next time they will enter my house and threaten me for the keys which are now hidden, but I'm hopefully moving in the next year or so.

1. Get over it, it was gone for 20 mins stop being dramatic. Fix the wheel and tidy her back up. They won't try and take it twice!

2. Mod it, screw the warranty, if anything was going to go wrong it would have by now, crank seems fine and drive shafts were checked yesterday, turbo seals are the most likely but not the end of the world if they go wrong. BM3 and full decat, maybe that will help?

3. Trade in for a new m2 competition, I'll never be able to get over it so may as well cut my losses now.
My take on this is as follows:
I'd go with option 1. 20 minutes wouldn't be long enough to do any real harm to your car. As long as the wheel is fixed and the dealer goes over it well you should be good to go. You still put 24k miles on it before the incident so you must have really loved it before (I know I love mine). That being said I've already done number 2 to mine. Cars are material things, drive it like you did before then turn it in for the G series M3 when you're ready.

Last edited by yocubed; 09-05-2018 at 11:08 AM..
Appreciate 0