View Single Post
      02-25-2020, 07:31 AM   #1
Valentino15
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 550ix

Need Advice - Please help - May be cancelling order

I'm a new poster to the board but a loyal follower as I have eagerly been awaiting my X7 M50i order. A few events have developed over the past two weeks that has me on the brink of cancelling my order:

-Up until a week ago, I was the happy owner of a 2014 550ix. Probably the best, most reliable car I've ever owned. The only lingering issue was the engine seemed to "consume" a lot of oil. Alwasy told "its a thirsty engine" by service area.

-I religiously serviced the car at the dealership where I purchased and had an extended warranty and service plan that carried me into late 2019. Never missed any service on the, only topped with BMW oil.

-Knowing that my car was coming out of warranty, I decided to order a X7 M50i in late December with an expected delivery in about 3 weeks (had some IND options).

-Last week, I noticed my low engine oil light was on again and I took the 550 in for a look.

-I get a call that night and the service manager I have dealt with for years says " Well, it looks like you have several oil leaks, what are you doing with the car one X7 comes in?" I said "Trade it in." He says "I'm estimating $13,000+ in repairs to drop the engine and fix the issue" I asked if they would just take it and he said "we may not take it, in fact, you may have some Valve Stem work needed as well up above that figure." Basically he branded my car as worthless at the dealership.

-Needless to say I left furious and, long story short, have been offered a price of 12k at Carmax as they noticed the issue as well. May be best I can get at this point.

-After digesting for the last few days, I am leaning towards not buying the X7 at this time and likely not doing business with the dealership moving forward. I have a call into the sales manager to discuss... at this point I don't care if they keep my $2,500 deposit. I'm livid just typing this. It has nothing to do with the X7, I just cant do business in good faith with these people.

So part of this was just to vent but also wanted to get opinions on:

1) Am I overreacting? It just feels like they should have recognized issue.
2) Any advice to deal with dealership?
3) I see no issue with walking away form order but have never done that before, any issues to consider?
Appreciate 0