05-06-2019, 05:51 AM   #1
toddwalton
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 X7 - 2024 G26

A Fair Comparison Of The X7 For Those Considering Upgrading From An X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xxxxx
Surprisingly I believe the X7 is about the same width or less than X5. I prefer it this way to make a more nimble driving experience.
I thought this deserved its own space for discussion as I read this type of comment a lot and we have dozens of perspective X7 buyers visiting daily.

The 2019 X7 is 3” wider, 2” taller, and 11” longer than the prior generation 2014-2018 X5 which is the model most of us have experienced and upgraded from.

The X7 does not handle nearly as well. “Nimble” is not a word I would use to describe it. The X7 does an admirable job of handling for its size but has significant body lean on local windy roads, cannot corner well at high speed, and is far more difficult to maneuver in a tight driveway. Even nose-in parking at the local shopping plaza is an adventure as my wife and I are two-weeks in and neither of us have yet to successfully park straight on the first try.

I am happy with our new luxury family hauler, but the X5 handles like a BMW whereas the X7 handles like a truck. It’s a very different driving experience.
Appreciate 0