United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i MT6 M Sport, Dinan 5

Garage List
2011 128i  [5.66]
2000 Dinan 5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mccannable View Post
My wife started her "dream job" teaching ballet last year but things are not all that dream, for me. Her good friend started the studio and things took off. They expected about 80 students and ended up with about 250 the first year which is great.

The pay scale is easily overlooked because of the amount of hours she is required to work that she is not compensated for. She is an employee not a contractor and is only paid for class time teaching not; competitor tream, registration, set up and tear down, meetings, and tons of other time invested equalling over 15-20 hours unpaid time a week. If there not bad enough she has to drive her own car/gas, pay her own hotel, food, and convention fees to the many conventions and comps they do each year.

She teaches more classes/students then anyone else and pretty much is the only reason the place is still open. She see(now a little more than at first) nothing wrong with the picture and none of the either teachers do either.

I believe she is being taken advantage of and this has caused many issues with us, not the money but the time she volunteers for someone else's success.

Am I out of line?

Cliffs: wife works 20 hours a week for free for her dream job and is already underpaid.
This is nothing out of the ordinary. The dance studio that I go to and teach at every once in a while (Mainly has a hobby) does the same thing. It is not the only one that I know of either.

Both teachers and parents volunteer to do all the extra work for competitions, shows, exhibition dances, etc. All costumes and extra needed for the show needs to be bought by the parents for the students.