02-11-2010, 11:24 AM   #18
Vintage
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW G80 (MT), 718 Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by sg-e89 View Post
awesome bulid Vintage! I believe you are the first in the world to have the FMIC and now thanks to you we can get it from Stett. Just wonder if you can hook me up with the kind folks there.
Thanks ESS - I know the tune will be an awesome centerpiece to these mods.
Ask for Carson or Chad (I receive no benefit from this referral - just your happiness with awesome mods for an awesome car):

www.stettperformance.com

Stett Performance
921 J Place
Plano, Tx 75074

p: 972.423.3310
f: 972.423.4410
email: sales@stettperformance.com

Hours:
Monday - Friday: 8am - 5:30 pm
Saturday: 10am - 2pm

godius, as ESS says above - a bunch of power from the tune with about 60-70 whp and about the same amount of torque (I do not want to exceed the DCT limits). If you read the ESS website they recommend Stage 2 if you are doing exhaust and intake mods, which we are with the Stett Cold Air Intake and Eisenmann 2x90 Race Exhaust from Project 808 (thanks Anup, info@project-808.com). Then, we went ahead and threw in the FMIC from Stett because my lovely wife thought it would be really cool (no pun intended). So, we will drive it soon and give you the seat dyno, but I am sure it will be strong and reliable. We considered methanol injection but I decided against it simply because the reservoir tank would have to go in the trunk; plus, it does not need more power at this point. Some may disagree, but by adding the FMIC and Eisenmann exhaust we are trying to do the "responsible" tune in keeping the intake temps down for the turbos' life and keep heat from building up in the engine with Eisenmann race exhaust - it has been explained to me in detail that this is a good decision for long term reliability. Besides, the exhaust will sound great.

Last edited by Vintage; 02-11-2010 at 11:35 AM..
Appreciate 0