08-26-2014, 06:18 AM   #140
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptack View Post
It's too bad Schumi isn't well and hanging around the Mercedes team. I think he'd likely give them some quiet perspective on this, particularly about "teamwork". Any team that has 2 potential champions is going to feel like their riding two tigers, but that's what they get for wanting to double their chances. Having them at each other's throats is no surprise at all. What's surprising is Mercedes lack of professionalism in dealing with this. They should have issued both drivers strict gag orders immediately and limited their comments to "we're discussing it". Airing their laundry in public turns their team into a soap opera which will definitely not help win races, but more importantly, it reveals a lack of discipline by the team leaders. I don't expect it from the drivers, but you absolutely need it from the top or things on the track will become very dangerous indeed.
I love me some Schumi but if he were there then Mercedes would be even more confused than they are now about who is in charge
Appreciate 0