View Single Post
      08-26-2014, 07:56 AM   #141
Tonifyd
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 JB E90M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice View Post
I dunno, someone who can navigate Monaco at speeds to win an F1 race ( twice ) should easily be quick enough in the head and hands to calculate the move to avoid hitting Hamilton here, if he wants and it's a priority. If you look at Rosberg's right front wheel he does straighten up when Hamiltion changes direction to avoid getting over run by his left rear wheel. He could just have stayed there until clear, I don't think he is even at full braking power, just a bit more brake and Ham would clear in a blink of an eye. Again the brain processes these situation with lighting speed and these guys are experienced experts. The streets of Monaco for a full race demands much, much more than to avoid hitting HAM here. Furthermore he is fresh and alert at lap 2 and HAM does absolutely nothing unexpected or sudden, his driving is very predictable here. It does look like he cuts straight for the tire and his body language and comments after the race was not from someone confident in it being a 50/50 racing incident. I.e I think there's more to it than just bad driving.
+ 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptack View Post
It's too bad Schumi isn't well and hanging around the Mercedes team. I think he'd likely give them some quiet perspective on this, particularly about "teamwork". Any team that has 2 potential champions is going to feel like their riding two tigers, but that's what they get for wanting to double their chances. Having them at each other's throats is no surprise at all. What's surprising is Mercedes lack of professionalism in dealing with this. They should have issued both drivers strict gag orders immediately and limited their comments to "we're discussing it". Airing their laundry in public turns their team into a soap opera which will definitely not help win races, but more importantly, it reveals a lack of discipline by the team leaders. I don't expect it from the drivers, but you absolutely need it from the top or things on the track will become very dangerous indeed.
Im thinking it was Schumi who gave him the idea in the first place. Just like when Vettel went from humble kid to cold and greedy.
Appreciate 0