04-04-2019, 03:14 PM   #32
Wild Blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7 M50i, 2004 330i w/ZHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDBrown View Post
So I just traded in a 2019 X5 40i for a X7 40i. You will see I posted a lot in that forum. Lets not talk about my depreciation... ouch. But the reason I did it, and this is just me. But I was won over by the way the X7 felt. I had a pretty fully loaded X5 and it was great. I agree it was more agile and sporty, but to me... not by a lot. Then I drove the X7 and had to play a game to find where something wasn't leather coated. The two tone blue/ivory was just so stunning. Even the door bins are leather coated and stitched. The back of the front seats and bins are leather wrapped. The roof was alcantara and the details just felt more luxurious. Even the cargo cover is alcantara. Granted most of it was carry over from the X5, but its just felt more special with those little touches. I am sure that will upset the X5 people and I don't mean it as a dig at all. The X5 was certainly more toss-able and playful. And I see why you would chose one every day over an X7 certainly given the price difference. But, I was looking for a luxury cruiser that was still fun and this ticked all the boxes. It made me miss the feel of my Range Rover less. For me it was the Rover without all the technical and electrical bugs. Do I miss the playfulness of the X5, some days for sure! But every time I get in this I cant imagine a vehicle on the road, at this price point, even coming close in terms of luxury and ride quality. Just my 2 cents.
Welcome to Godfather ownership!
Appreciate 1
JDBrown62.50