LittleJoe
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 EQS 580 SUV

Quote:
Originally Posted by magbarn View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleJoe View Post
I test drove the X5 and liked it a lot but the 2nd row leg room just wasn't what we wanted. The X7 on the other hand has very generous 2nd row leg room. And you pointed out many of the luxury appointments of the X7. It's our first BMW and we love it (so far). Carbon Black is a real beauty on the X7 and that white/blue leather is maybe the best combo I ever seen so I get why you made the jump from X5 to X7. Enjoy!
Are you Joema on mbworld? Good to see your posts. My wife and I vacillated back and forth between the GLE450 and the X5. We ended up going with the X5 as our MB dealer could not give us a firm date on availability. One of our family members is still waiting for their GLE after they placed order in December...
Congrats on the X7!

OT: Is mbworld the only live MB site? There's couple of very active BMW forums, but MB forums are few and far in between...
Hey magbarn, yes it's me. JoeMa was already taken so I had to select a new user name for this forum. I really feel bad for Greg and some of the others waiting for their GLEs to be built. Mercedes sent a notice to the dealers today acknowledging the production delay but didn't provide any date when completed GLEs would start rolling out of the plant.

As for the X7, we are very pleased that we went this direction instead. It is a fabulous car for their very first full-size SAV. They announced in May 2011 that they were going to build the X7 so they took their time and delivered a very fine product. Of course I am still concerned about some of the stories I've heard about BMW having electrical issues and what not so I hope our BMW is a good one. Our first 2013 GL 550 was a bit of a lemon with a serious problem that they could not correct so they bought it back from us and we purchased a 2014 GL 550 that didn't give us any issues. We also owned a 2017 GLS 550 that we traded on the X7 that also was problem free. But honestly, the difference between the GLS and the X7 is striking. Of course the new GLS is coming this fall and will be more competitive. But for now, I feel the X7 is the best priced premium 3 row SAV on the market.
Appreciate 0