Rep
Drives: 2023 EQS 580 SUV

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruiseControl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenew3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosbest View Post
You really need to take your phone, which has the downloaded update on it through BMW Connected App and connect to wifi on your car for the update. Bluetooth only takes too long. To do that, go to the Communications menu, and find the wireless connection and scan the QR Code and connect. Even though my phone showed a wifi signal, it was greyed out. Once I scanned the code, it connected. That solved it for me and the update was quick after that. When the wifi was connected (and bluetooth) - upload took about 20 minutes with car running. Then another 20 or so to install with car off and stationary.
My phone has always been connected via wifi to the car. Unfortunately the connected app on the phone doesn't realize it's connected. It kept saying connect the phone to the car for upload. It took 4 or 5 uninstall of the app and unpairing of the phone from idrive before the app recognized it was connected to the car via wifi.

My wife's iphone can never maintain connection to the car via wifi. Anytime we try to connect, it will direct us to the ATT sign up page, if we cancel out of there, it disconnects from wifi. Same with apple car play. It will connect initially, but as soon as we cancel out of the ATT sign up page on the phone, car play disconnects (because wifi disconnects).
Mine says its connected to the x7 via WiFi. Also I just found out it is connected via Bluetooth for CarPlay via the app in the background. If I go to the Bluetooth connection on the phone I do not see a connection to the car. However, if I go into settings/general/CarPlay on the phone I see my Bluetooth connection for the car. If I click that I have the option to toggle CarPlay ON/OFF. If I turn it off, CarPlay no longer works. 🤨
On your phone there is a link to watch a video on how to finish the upload from your phone to iDrive. Watch that video, it explains how to make a Wi-Fi connection even though some have a Wi-Fi connection through CarPlay. Once I created a second WiFi connection, my phone began uploading the update to iDrive. I was in a parking lot at the time with the engine running.
Appreciate 1