03-10-2016, 11:02 AM   #5
Bee Pee
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AW M2 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viffermike View Post
Some have retrofitted those from the M3 to the M235i for track use, but it moves the wheel forward a full inch and adds significant camber. I personally wouldn't do that kind of mod without a camber plate and spring and damper swap at a minimum because an inch is a hell of a lot of difference).
I was one of the first adopters here in the UK of F8x M3/M4 LCA upgrade on my m135i.

Based on mine and other early adopters feedback, many others have followed suit and not looked back. So, whilst I respect your point of view, don't knock it until you have tried it - its a superb OE upgrade, even for a stock car.

The ~ 15mm longer LCA moves the wheel fwd ~ 1/2 inch and castor and camber is increased with very positive results on steering feel / directness and increased longevity of the soft outer shoulder of std fit Mich PSS.

My car runs ~ -2deg camber and runs straight and true as both a DD and on trackdays. Other upgrades incl LSD, upgraded springs and ARB's.

If you are nearby I'd gladly take you for a blast in it.

Going back to HAS, F2x OE adaptive dampers do respond well to some upgraded springs hence why I think KW are missing a big opportunity - HAS for Mx35i - come KW get it done !!!

Current '22 X3M LCI..
Appreciate 0