02-12-2024, 10:17 AM   #26
Donatello.
How's My Driving?
Rep
Drives: Hellcat & Miata

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockCrusher View Post
I had a 2018 Hellcat A8 w/707hp.

Put 27.5K miles on the car. Never tracked the car.

It was ok on my 60 mile a day work commute -- about 58 miles freeway -- as long as I didn't keep track of how much I spent for fuel. Also, I had a 2nd car -- 2018 MINI JCW 6-speed -- which I drove 3 days a week. The Hellcat got the call just 2 days a week mainly to give it some use. It did not like to sit unused for long. Battery drain was a thing and while the engine always fired up the low battery level caused a low power glitch which upset some of the car's electronics.

Was living in Livermore CA at the time and there were some nice "mountain" roads about. Roads I had enjoyed in my Boxster, Cayman S, Porsche Turbo, but on which the Hellcat was clearly out of its element. Sure, it never was touted as a sports car but gee the handling... As an aside it didn't work in favor of the Hellcat it came fitted with all season tires... I bought it off showroom floor and was too cheap to toss new all season tires for high performance tires.

After 33 months and 27.5K miles I traded the Hellcat in for a 2020 Scat Pack 6-speed. A less powerful car -- to state the obvious -- with "just" 485hp but 200+lbs lighter than the Hellcat and with a noticeable lower center of gravity. That supercharger even though situated quite low on top of the Hellcat engine still had the Hellcat center of gravity uncomfortably high. The Scat Pack came with high performance tires which made half a world of difference and for the better. Now living in Benton County AR with some very nice roads about the Scat Pack was actually enjoyable on these roads.

But after 18 months I traded in the Scat Pack for a 2022 BMW 230i.

While I no longer have the 230i -- I traded it in when I bought a 2023 M2 6-speed -- I recently (last Dec. 3) bought a 2024 230i xDrive.

Monday's forecast calls for 4" of snow. So the 230i xDrive is a better fit for me than the 230i with just RWD.
Keeping it on a trickle charger when not in use = no glitches. Never had 1 with my Hellcat. Over 40k miles so far. It was my daily since new until this winter.
2009 Mazda6
Appreciate 0