clee1982
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 540i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandPete View Post
Same here. I know road surface finishes and tires (including tire condition) make a big difference, as DSC intervention is mostly about lack of grip. It does appear some drivers are trying to push through the conditions where DSC intervention is really appropriate, for whatever reason, either the road/tires or simply pushing on too hard. DSC being 'faster' reacting than the driver!

I don't find my BMW cuts back power when on the limits of traction, perhaps it is because of my driving experience. Maybe I'm cutting back myself, ahead of the DSC needing to intervene. I suggest with years of more 'twitchy' BMWs (early 3 & 5-series), my senses are hopefully still intact and I am tuned to react to any twitches.
I suppose there is one part we can critique modern BMW, the steering doesn't really tell you limit (I don't dare to try), though with modern BMW my feeling it's mostly just point then drive, it would mostly put the power down and would work for 99% of the population for 99% of the time...
Appreciate 0