Car and Driver 2006 330i

Zero to 60 mph: 5.6 sec
Street start, 5-60 mph: 6.0 sec
Standing 1/4-mile: 14.3 sec @98 mph

Car and Driver ZHP E46 330

Zero to 60 mph: 5.6 sec
Street start, 5-60 mph: 6.4 sec
Standing 1/4-mile: 14.3 sec @97 mph

Now, can people please stop arguing this topic? The ZHP was meant to increase the sales of the E46 by giving it more modern performance. It was meant as a stop-gap between the model changes. That doesn't make it a bad car, it's just that that was something BMW could do to make the car move on and handle a little better than the base E46. BMW knew what they had coming in the E90.

Personally, I'll be happy when Dinan starts pumping out the performance parts for the E90. I had them on my Z3, and I'll be happy to have them on my E90 as well. You can do the same with your E46.
Discussion is healty, isn't that why you are posting on chat forum. You also started the thread with a question, did you think no one would try to answer. I wasn't trying to prove you wrong, I was simple answering your question with my opinion and observations.

I too read C&D, the article was a preview of the e90, not a full test. The article even states the test were not performed under perfect conditions. I will wait for the full test to compare speeds and times. I could also care less if the e90 is faster than my car. It should be!

And for your information the zhp package was not meant as a "stop gap measure" to keep the e46 selling. BMW has never worried about three series sales, they lead their class, not to mention that zhp was only available in the U.S. The zhp package was ment to fill a void for a four door m3 that many customers complained about. Yes they may have also spiked interest in the e46, but that was not the main reason in producing the car.

Last edited by jmvzhp; 05-03-2005 at 03:03 PM..
Appreciate 0