954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

Here's a video from the neurosurgeon:
http://www.theguardian.com/sport/vid...=ILCNETTXT3487
There's some other update videos too

and an article today from The Guardian: http://www.theguardian.com/sport/201...ael-schumacher

Sebastian Vettel, left, has lent his support to the family of Michael Schumacher, right, as he fights for his life after a skiing accident. Photograph: KeystoneUSA-ZUMA / Rex Features
The Formula One world champion Sebastian Vettel has revealed his shock at the injury to Michael Schumacher which has left his fellow German in a critical condition in hospital.

Schumacher, a seven-time champion who retired from the sport for a second time last year, is in an induced coma in intensive care at the University Hospital of Grenoble after hitting his head on a rock in a skiing accident in the resort of Méribel in the French Alps on Sunday.

Vettel was dubbed Baby Schumi by the German media after following the 44-year-old in becoming a multiple world champion.

"I am shocked and I hope that he gets better as quickly as possible," the four-time champion Vettel told www.bild.de."I wish his family much strength."

Vettel has credited Schumacher with being the inspiration behind his racing career.

Ferrari, with whom Schumacher won five world titles from 2000 to 2004, expressed their support in a statement on their official website.

It read: "Everyone at Ferrari has been in a state of anxiety since hearing about Michael Schumacher's accident.

"That includes the president, Luca Di Montezemolo, who through the Scuderia team principal Stefano Domenicali is in constant contact with the family and those close to the German champion.

"Montezemolo has offered his encouragement and support at this very difficult time, with the hope that better news will come soon."

The German raced for Mercedes for three seasons on his return to the sport following his first stint in retirement.

The German manufacturer said in a statement that their "thoughts and sympathies" were with him, his family and his friends.

It added: "We have been shocked to learn that he is in a critical condition and are closely monitoring the latest medical bulletins from Grenoble.

"We all know the depth of Michael's fighting spirit and send him all our strength and support in this latest battle. We sincerely hope that he will make a full recovery and will be with us again soon."

Derek Warwick, who raced in Formula One for several years in the 1980s and 90s, and is now president of the British Racing Drivers Club said he believed Schumacher's fighting spirit would help him. "The world of motorsport is holding their breath at the moment, it is a very difficult time for everybody, it makes us realise how vulnerable we are," Warwick said.

"People have to remember that racing drivers, bike riders are a different breed of people, they don't seek danger but we are people that live life to the maximum, I still do to this day and I am 59 years old.

"I do believe he will be ok, I have to believe that because it would be an absolute tragedy to lose Michael under these circumstances. He is arguably one of the greatest drivers of all time, 300-odd Grands Prix, 91 wins, seven world championships, the record speaks for itself.

"He has an unbelievable fighting, spirit that's what makes him a great champion. He is an extraordinarily fit guy with extraordinary depths of concentration, focus and commitment. It's that that will pull him through. I firmly believe and I have to believe this, that he is there now, in a coma, working out the best way to repair himself in the slowest possible way to make him 100% fit at the end of it."
Appreciate 0