NewFinishColumbia/detailer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F31 xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBNYC
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryJI View Post
I am pretty sure that the tune resets gearing response and throttle settings across the drive modes. It obviously adds power output too, and, when testing the car regularly on a very fast local stretch of freeway it certainly seems to me that 100 mph feels less hectic than it did before the tune (and it gets there MUCH faster). My car is the 8AT so I had assumed it was possible for an electronic tune to adjust electronic gearing but I am far from the most mechanically savvy person on these forums so if I misspoke I apologize and am happy to stand corrected.

As for the Dinan suspension tune, it is relatively inexpensive and well worth it for me. Before I did it the car felt a little stiff to me and yet there was also discernible body roll. This made cornering under power a slightly disconcerting experience as I definitely felt that if I really got on the gas the car would probably understeer or even skip. The Shockware suspension mod resets the shock absorbers, whose response to load is governed by firmware that the mod updates. I am still a little wary of the car's probable tendency to push in sweeping corners -- it's not a Porsche and I cannot imagine anyone drifting it in anything close to stock configuration -- but it feels like it handles lateral load better now, changes direction faster and corners flatter. There is less body roll under both cornering and braking. It seems to have made the suspension firmer and the car's response to directional input now feels more "honest". I do not know why this mod is available only for the 228i (with adaptive suspension) and not the M235.
Not to change topic, but I recently drove a 228 Loaner and the cornering wasn't as good as my X3 M-Sport w/ DHP (Adaptive Suspension) nor as good as my friends 2011 335is.
What was in the 228?
Appreciate 0