View Single Post
      02-13-2020, 04:50 PM   #6
cheapie408
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 X7

I've noticed a slight steer to the right since the initial test drive which I pointed out to the sales person. Due to the road condition, she thought it could be the road. Being with the car for only 15-20 min I could not determine for sure. Before taking delivery, I asked them to check the alignment before I came in but that never happened. The car had 60 miles on it when I pick it up. After driving it for the first couple hundred miles, I confirmed for sure that the car needed an alignment. The steering wheel does not go back dead center and it is also off center. I'm in a 5 series loaner at the moment and it track straight and precise.

My other vehicles all had 10-12k miles warranty on the alignment. So I was under the assumption that I was good for some time before bringing it in. I let the list of service build up before it's worth while to bring in as it's always a drag to bring any car in for service.

The dealer car wash is horrible and even delivery of BMW kind of suck if you ask me. My car has always received the two bucket/foam gun treatment since the day of purchase and since the first wash, I noticed the swirls already.

FWIW: When I took delivery of a Honda at Ocean Burlingame 8 months ago, they brought the car (brand new) in for a full detail inside out nicely polished and all. I know this because they took me to the back to see the car being worked on. Likewise with my Volvo XC 90, that I picked up in Seattle. When I flew in, the vehicle was in detail and yes I witness it as well. Truely detailing not just a wash and it was also brand new.
Appreciate 0