MB21
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X7 M5.0i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYEIL View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MB21 View Post
I am not so sure if the set is going for $4k and tires typically $400 per tire then the rims with TPMs are $600, very similar to aftermarket
Disagree. I've bought numerous sets of winter setups over the years and have never came close to the manufacturers offerings. Many of the sets I've had were OEM take offs I picked up on Craigslist or eBay for a steal.

Yohohama Iceguards are selling for $122 a piece right now on Tirerack in the 20" X5/X7 size.
Dunlop Wintersport $152
Ok let's compare apples to apples. If you are saying that you purchase eBay deals then this can not be compared to new as dealer does not sale used, we can call take offs any way we like but is not brand new anymore. Same like buying car.

On tires I disagree, you always get a cheap ones and more expensive while you see not much of a difference while normal driving you will see significant difference in emergency situation. I agree you can get tires for low, but seriously to by $100k plus car and then save $1000-1500 on tires it does not go together.

I guess everyone will have different view on this
Appreciate 0