BAMxi
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 328xi

Garage List
2007 328xi  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspang86 View Post
Thanks. I will be posting another video once i get the bms tune installed. I am still waiting for it in the mail. In the vid i'll explain why i have changed my mind from using a piggy back system. Ill also see if i can get something to record my launch times a bit more accurate to show everyone the performance increase. I am thinking that it will be a lot more noticeable on this car than the 328.
I will be interested to see your opinion on the BMS tune. I stumbled upon n54tech.com the other day (I started a thread on here just wondering about the mod potential of the 320i a while back, so I did a little googling) and was reading an old post by Terry (the guy who develops these tunes) that made me wonder if there is a lot more potential with tuning the 320i than yet realized. The post I read was a couple months old, but seemed like he was hesitant to add too much boost, since there has been varying information flying around regarding whether or not the 328i and 320i both have the same compression ratio. As of that posting, it sounded like he was thinking the 320i had 11:1 ratio, so he was worried about knocking. I believe it has since been confirmed that both the 328 and 320 are running 10:1. I'm interested to see how much power will reliably come out of one of these detuned engines.