View Single Post
      05-08-2013, 11:37 AM   #11
aspang86
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 320i

Ok guys i've installed the bms stage 1 on my car...unbelievably better. If you had any fears of not seeing a drastic change in performance from buying this tune than worry no more. The power band is insane! For $400, you get a $hit load of more power; plus its a plug and play system. I have never seen such a power increase from any other mod i have wasted my money on in the past!

I'll do a run down for everyone...

The only mod i have done prior to installing the bms tuner is replace the stock air filter with a K&N. i did that because i knew i was going to buy this tuner and i wanted to ensure that there was minimal restriction for the air intake.

Next i filled my tank with 94 octane. The bms presets can run on 91 octane however i wasn't sure if i was going to notice a difference in power with the +3 psi preset and wanted to be able to add the extra pound of boost. If you decide to run +4psi then its suggested that you use 93 octane.

The install was fairly easy. I came to realize that i have the n20 engine with the pneumatic solenoid...

I took the car for a spin and i noticed it right away in comfort mode. The boost stays on much longer and it makes such a difference! Sport mode now feels like the car is on steroids!! The revs and shifts points are much faster! I can't believe how satisfied i am. I am not even considering to crank up the boost. Thats how amazing this tune is.

I took it on the highway aswell and it drives great. When you want to pass someone, you have way more power on the top end to do so and it requires less effort.

Guys i'll make a youtube video review within the next few days and you will easily see what Iam talking about. The 5 vids i made with the stock settings are only going to support my claims of how good the bms tune is. I honestly believe that my 0-60 times are somewhere in the low 6 second range!
Appreciate 0