vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep
Drives: 330i SE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4 Beemer View Post
I agree with you Viv. I'm very tempted to buy an Ipod touch which really is an amazing bit of technology, but will stay clear of the Iphone for it bit.. or until my current O2 contract is near the end.
Gordon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steph.uk View Post
Hi Viv

I know it is too expensive and the contract with O2 is not very flexible:sad0147:

Have heard that in France they will have to release an unlock version (to respect the law), so might be tempted to get one then next time I go home. Only problem is that on some mac forum they do mentioned that it will be sold at a premium price and that update would not work well with it

So really the best advice would be to wait for a couple of month and see what is coming up....... that said the Iphone is very very very tempting.............grrrrrrrr

Steph
I think the iPhone is a beautiful piece of technology, at a 'price' which really is not 'justified'.

Let's look at it from a cost perspective:

Cost of iPhone = £269 on O2
Lowest annual tariff price = 12 x £35 = £420
Total 1st year cost = £689 (200 included minutes & texts & unlimited data & appropriate WiFi connectivity with fair usage, using EDGE for data transfer, which currently only covers 30% of the UK)

That must be over an 18-month contract, but I'm not sure.

In my own personal view, this really is ridiculous, even though I'm in tears saying it. :sad0147:

I feel better now, because I'm only paying £10 a month on Virgin with 300 minutes + texts included.

Viv

Appreciate 0