View Single Post
      11-14-2020, 02:14 PM   #822
mitch57
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X7 xDrive40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmciver View Post
Interesting to hear you say that because I actually think Arctic Grey does a good job at "looking clean" to include hiding swirl marks - better than average so to speak. But then, the X7 is my first car where I have really paid more attention to cleanliness, to include protecting the paint from things like swirls. Even more so than my F80 M3, and I always get compliments on how "clean and new" the paint on my M3 looks (and after almost 4 years and 50k miles of ownership, it does have some visible paint swirls unfortunately ).

Arctic Grey was not my first choice, but not my last either. So when I found an X7 on the lot that was configured almost perfect for me, it was still an easy decision to purchase. It is a nice, deep and rich color that still hides dirt well, IMHO. But really pops when clean (and protected), too - even if a grey paint is still a somewhat common color in general.
It changes in different light. Sometimes I can't see them at all for a few days even. Then the light hits it just right and "Bam!" There's those damn swirl marks! Plain as day.

Also, up here in the Pacific Northwest, living on a mountain and dealing with rain all the time, the car gets pretty dirty and it doesn't hide that muddy dirt or dust well either. I have two other silver Toyota's and they hide the dirt way, way better.

I love dark colors and I really like the color of my X7 but I don't love how hard it is to keep this car and other dark colored cars clean and looking sharp. Just my opinion.
Appreciate 1
jmciver1837.00