06-11-2010, 12:00 PM   #12
JMcDon1007
Speed Freak
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 Z4 sDrive35i - BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by puyo View Post
Give Terry a call if you still run into problem on your next attempt. You don't need to disconnect the battery (but you can if you want to). Disconnecting the red wire in the ECU compartment just makes move stuff around much easier. You can also slide the ECU up to make getting to the large ECU connector easier.

From the description of your errors, I think you may have put some of the connectors in the wrong direction.
Thanks for the info Puyo! I did lift up that ECU to get that large connector out, but I'll remove that red wire this time because it definately got in my way.

About he connectors in the wrong direction....How do I know which way is the right way? What I was doing was looking at the bottom of each and there was a very small vertical slot on one side of each and I made sure they were both on the same side. By looking at the video, that's how they were doing it. I'm going to try again in the morning and see how it goes....

More to follow! As soon as I get this working, I'll post my feedback. I went from a 2008 C6 Corvette to the Z4 35i so I'm missing the brute force of that LS3!!
Appreciate 0