View Single Post
      04-24-2019, 02:29 PM   #150
dmann33
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 07 650i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taran.J View Post
Hey everybody, wondering if I could get some insight.

Looking into an X7, I configured one with a sticker of $90,250. I know with BMW's prior I've gotten north of 10% off of MSRP but I haven't seen many X7 buyers on the forum show actual OOTD pricing for purchase or finance and with what dealership they worked with to get such deal.

I also have a 2007 GL450 with 80,000 miles on it and as much as I love it it's been 13 years since I've taken delivery and by far the oldest car I've ever owned. I would likely trade it in toward the X7 and KBB is suggesting $7-11k guess depends on stroke of luck or negotiation.

Anyways I am not sure what I should expect when walking into my dealership and at what price I should pull the trigger, or wait and take delivery of a 2020 if the first year X7's are having any issues out there?

Any help is appreciated. Looking forward to joining the X7 crew!
In my experience, the dealer you are standing in tends to be the least negotiable, but there are exceptions. Volume dealers will tend to be the most aggressive as are ones that you are not standing in. If you want the best price, I would suggest writing down your build code and submitting an online request and let the online sales teams have at it. These guys generally know you are price shopping. The interested parties will become clear to you very soon. The phony players will say something like, "Hey, we can do less than anyone, come in to our dealership and lets get a deal done".

If you really only want to buy from your local dealer, the cut to the chase, show them your build code and just tell them what you want. I think getting 5% off (before the loyalty and club incentives) would be a reasonably good deal. Just tell them that you just aren't motivated to buy a 2019 for less than X% off. (some number 2.5% or higher). Anything more, and you'll just put it off to look at 2020's. They don't want you to wait as the expected return for them is pretty poor. A bird in the hand...

Anyway, a few weeks ago, my dealer said nothing but MSRP from us - no discounts on X7. I said, eh. I'd like 5%, but I absolutely have to have 2.5% or I'm just not buying. I'm a friend of the salesman and he didn't seem very confident. They took my offer. Maybe I could have gotten more, but 3 weeks ago, I was happy with 2.5%.

Moral: They won't "offer" you squat. If they do, then push more. Come up with a number that is your trigger and roll with it - draw a line. I think it would be tough to find much more than 5% right now, but you might have a better discount on in stock units, especially if it's an 50i. They are a little slower to move around here.
Appreciate 0