View Single Post
      03-16-2020, 12:58 PM   #7
toddwalton
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 X7 - 2024 G26

Quote:
Originally Posted by aas5 View Post
Guys, I need some help with the WiFi and Bluetooth set up. Before I initiated the car WiFi connection with AT&T, everything was working fine. My phone would connect to the car and I could go to the Mobile Phones screen and select to have either the BMW navigation or Waze through the Apple Car Play. No problems.

After I started the introductory WiFi plan and connected my car to the WiFi hotspot, things seem to be working differently. I can no longer activate Waze or other Apple Car Play functions on my screen. Whenever I select the Apple Car Play option in the phone menu, my phone connection disconnects, the voice commands are no longer available, and Waze doesn’t go on when I hit map or navigation as it used to.

I feel like I am missing something very simple but can’t figure it out. Thanks in advance.
Shot in the dark here, but if you are trying to connect your iPhone to the car's wi-fi instead of your own phone's wireless dataplan you can't do that. The iPhone needs to be connected to AT&T, Verizon, etc. to work CarPlay properly on the BMW. The wi-fi in the car is designed for your kids to stream YouTube on their iPad's on long trips.
Appreciate 0