View Single Post
      03-23-2020, 02:47 PM   #55
LittleJoe
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 EQS 580 SUV

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowerEast View Post
One of the factors for me in ordering an X7 over a GLS was the quality of the interior. Setting aside individual design preferences (people like what they like) the quality of the materials in the X7 are significantly ahead of the GLS. A couple of things that really stood out to me were the amount of hard plastic in the GLS interior, and the quality of the leather (both the regular and the higher end option) relative to the BMW standard and Merino leather. An X7 is a much nicer place to sit than a GLS.
Spot on observations. We owned two GL 550's and GLS 550 and we had a loaded 2020 GLE 450 on order for 7 months. When a few GLE's started to trickle into the dealerships I was disappointed with the interiors. Our GLS had the upgraded designo leather which looked and felt very good but the GLE was kind of bland with lots plastic. We never owned a BMW but I always admired the look of the X5 and when first batch of X7's hit the local dealership I couldn't resist and ask for a test drive. I was instantly impressed and took my wife for a test drive the next day and went home with 2019 X7 50i. Needless to say our long-time MB dealership was disappointed when I told them but after 7 months of waiting for the GLE they understood our decision. I've looked in several 2020 GLS's since and I'm very pleased with my decision. But as I often say on these posts, it's your money, buy whatever you want.
Appreciate 1
iconoclast7257.50